Here at Vodafone, we’re committed to helping young people get the most out of technology so we’re proud to support Safer Internet Day 2019.
7 things you need to know about Safer Internet Day
1. It takes place on Tuesday 5 February 2019.
2. This year’s theme is Together for a better internet.
3. In the UK, SID2019 focuses on how consent works in an online context, exploring how young people ask for, give and receive consent in online friendships, image sharing and managing their privacy.
4. SID aims to inspire a national conversation about using technology responsibly, respectfully, critically and creatively.
5. It is co-ordinated by the UK Safer Internet Centre, a partnership of three leading charities: Childnet International, Internet Watch Foundation (IWF) and the South West Grid for Learning (SWGfL).
6. More than a thousand schools and organisations across the UK got involved in SID in 2018.
7. You can support SID2019 in lots of ways: Register as a supporter, use the campaign toolkit to help spread the word, download the education packs, watch SIDTV, sign up for the newsletter and follow /support #SaferInternetDay2019 and @UK_SIC on social media.
You can access a broad range of free digital parenting resources on this website and also find advice about how to get more involved in your child’s digital life. Here are some useful links to get you started:
No results found