Accessibility has been considered throughout the project and reviews were conducted during the design and development stages and we also conducted testing with users with disabilities.
What are we doing?
To help ensure the Vodafone website provides an inclusive user experience, we've been using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities, and
During development we tested the website to ensure it is usable with the following desktop browser and screen reader combinations:
- JAWS 16.0 and Internet Explorer 11.0.
- NVDA 2014 and Firefox 39.0.
The website was also tested with VoiceOver and is usable on iOS mobile devices.
We have worked hard to make sure our website is as accessible as possible and we have an internal program in place where we review existing sections of our site on a regular basis to ensure an optimal level of accessibility is maintained and enhancements implemented when possible.
What have we done?
We would like to highlight the following accessibility features:
- A ‘skip page header and navigation’ link is provided to allow screen reader and keyboard users to quickly access the main content of the page. This is the first link on the page and is positioned before the Vodafone logo which acts as a link to the homepage.
- All navigation and core functionality of the site is accessible to keyboard users on desktop and users of mobile screen readers.
- We have provided a red focus indicator to support sighted users who prefer to navigate using the keyboard.
- We have used techniques of ARIA to support screen reader users in navigating and using our website more effectively.
- A search function is provided and links to all core areas of the site can be accessed from both the main navigation menu and footer links.
Let us know what you think
If you have enjoyed using the Vodafone website, or if you experience any problems or difficulties with certain web browsers or other software whilst visiting our site, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate your problem.