- Nominees include co-founder of Eaton Towers and co-founder of Helios Towers
- Members will bring a strong mix of sector, financial, technical and M&A experience
- The Supervisory Board nominations are now complete
Vantage Towers, a leading European tower infrastructure operator, is pleased to announce today the nomination of the remaining members of its Supervisory Board.
The Supervisory Board of Vantage Towers will comprise nine members, led by independent Chairman Dr. Rüdiger Grube. The Supervisory Board will bring deep expertise in the towers sector and across the telecommunications industry, strong operational and M&A experience, together with high standards of financial and technical expertise.
In addition to Dr. Rüdiger Grube, who brings over 30 years’ experience including as a senior executive at Daimler, CEO of Deutsche Bahn and Chairman and non-executive director of Airbus, the nominated independent members of the Supervisory Board of Vantage Towers are:
- Katja van Doren, who currently serves as Chief Financial Officer and Chief Human Resources Officer at RWE Generation SE. Prior to her current role, Ms. van Doren held a number of senior finance positions at RWE and Innogy. Ms. van Doren is also expected to take the role of the Chair of the Vantage Towers Remuneration and Nomination Committee following her election
- Charles C. Green III,a co-founder and previously the Executive Chairman of Helios Towers, a leading independent tower company in Africa, operating over 7,000 sites across 5 markets. Mr Green was previously CFO at communications infrastructure business, Crown Castle International, including at the time of its IPO. He is currently a non-executive director and advisor on the Board of edotco Group, a leading infrastructure company in South Asia with a regional portfolio of over 31,500 towers. Mr Green has over 23 years of towers experience, during which he has led over 20 tower M&A transactions in 14 countries on 4 continents. Mr Green is expected to take the role of the Chair of the Vantage Towers Audit and Risk Committee following his election
- Terry Rhodes, a co-founder and previously the CEO of Eaton Towers, a high growth pan-African tower company which operated approximately 5,700 sites at the time of its acquisition by American Tower Corporation in early 2020. Eaton Towers was built through a combination of M&A transactions and greenfield investments. Earlier in his career, Mr Rhodes was a co-founder of Celtel, the African mobile telecommunications company, where he served as Deputy CEO. He has over 30 years of telecoms experience
The following persons will also be members of the Supervisory Board of Vantage Towers:
- Rosemary Martin, Vodafone Group General Counsel and Company Secretary, a member of the advisory Boards of the Oxford Internet Institute and Luminance plc and formerly on the Boards of HSBC Bank plc and EY. Ms. Martin was previously the Group General Counsel of Reuters Group plc (designated Deputy Chair of the Supervisory Board of Vantage Towers)
- Johan Wibergh, Vodafone Group Chief Technology Officer, previously executive vice president and head of the networks segment at Ericsson and currently on the Board of NASDAQ listed Trimble Inc.
- Michael Bird, Vodafone Group M&A Director, a chartered accountant and former investment banker
- Barbara Cavaleri, Vodafone Italy Finance Director, an experienced finance professional
- Pinar Yemez, Human Resources Director, Vodafone Group Functions and Vodafone Business, an experienced human resources professional
Commenting on the appointments, Dr. Rüdiger Grube, said: “I am delighted to be joined on the Supervisory Board for Vantage Towers by an outstanding team with extensive towers, telecoms and technical experience. We are building an entrepreneurial and independently-minded organisation, focused on enabling Europe's digital transformation. The formation of the Supervisory Board is a key milestone for Vantage Towers. Along with the Management Team, we look forward to helping guide Vantage Towers to capture the exciting structural growth opportunities ahead from mobile coverage obligations, 5G roll out and increasing end-user demand for data.”
For more information, please contact:
This announcement is not directed to, or intended for distribution to or use by, any person or entity that is a citizen or resident or located in any locality, state, country or other jurisdiction where such distribution, publication, availability or use would be contrary to law or regulation of such jurisdiction or which would require any registration or licensing within such jurisdiction. Any failure to comply with these restrictions may constitute a violation of the laws of any such jurisdiction. This announcement does not constitute an offering of securities or otherwise constitute an invitation or inducement to any person to underwrite, subscribe for or otherwise acquire or dispose of securities in any company within the Vodafone Group, including, for the avoidance of doubt, any company within Vantage Towers.
References to Vodafone are to Vodafone Group Plc and references to Vodafone Group are to Vodafone Group Plc and its subsidiaries unless otherwise stated. References to Vantage Towers are either a reference to a member of the group of entities and investments comprising Vodafone's European towers business as described in this announcement, or to the group as a whole, depending on the context and unless otherwise stated. Vodafone, the Vodafone Speech Mark Devices, Vodacom and The future is exciting. Ready? are trade marks owned by Vodafone. Vantage Towers is a trade mark owned by Vantage Towers. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trade marks of their respective owners.
No results found