Vodafone today announced the world’s first designated prepay phone specifically designed to put the Facebook experience into the heart of the handset, allowing people to easily share and connect with their friends when they’re on the move.
The Vodafone 555 Blue, developed in collaboration with Facebook, puts popular social networking functions – from status updates to sharing a photo – into the hands of millions of people in an attractive, intuitive and competitively priced mobile phone.
Powering the new era of mobile social networking
Every aspect of the Vodafone 555 Blue design reflects people’s desire to stay up-to-date and communicate with their friends anytime, anywhere.
- Ready to go, straight out of the box: Facebook is built into the handset’s core – it’s running the moment the customer turns on the mobile phone.
- Truly integrated messaging: Facebook messages appear in the handset’s inbox alongside texts and email.
- Simple photo-sharing: photos taken using the Vodafone 555 Blue’s 2 megapixel camera can be shared with friends with a single click.
- Easy to stay in contact: friends’ Facebook profiles are automatically synchronised in the Vodafone 555 Blue’s address book.
- Always available: the Vodafone 555 Blue updates regularly in the background, flagging new items on the homescreen and quickly loading them when opened.
- One-click control: the customisable Facebook ‘F’ button can be assigned to one of a number of tasks, including instantly posting a status update with photos from the gallery or with links from the browser.
- Attractive form-factor: touch navigation, 2.4” landscape display and QWERTY keypad are ideal for typing chat, email and status updates.
Vodafone’s Group Terminals Director Patrick Chomet said: “The mobile internet plays a central role in the daily lives of more than 87 million Vodafone customers, many of whom are avid Facebook users. The Vodafone 555 Blue is a unique and innovative handset, designed and developed by Vodafone to offer a simple but powerful Facebook experience for people in both emerging markets and developed economies who want to stay in touch with their friends, wherever they are.”
“Facebook wants to make every phone social and Vodafone has taken the integration of Facebook to the next stage for an affordable mobile device with the Vodafone 555 Blue,” said Henri Moissinac, Head of Mobile Business, Facebook . “We’re really happy that Vodafone will distribute this phone globally and we hope to do much more with them to bring the mobile, social internet to people everywhere.”
The Vodafone 555 Blue includes the Opera Mini 5 web browser for fast internet browsing and, of course, it’s also a great phone.
Available soon across most Vodafone businesses around the world.
Notes to Editors
See full specifications here: www.vodafone.com/vodafone555blue
The Vodafone 555 Blue is a Vodafone concept, developed in collaboration with Facebook and manufactured exclusively for Vodafone by partner TCL.
Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc.
Vodafone is one of the world's largest mobile communications companies by revenue with approximately 382 million customers in its controlled and jointly controlled markets as at 30 June 2011. Vodafone currently has equity interests in over 30 countries across five continents and more than 40 partner networks worldwide. For more information, please visit www.vodafone.com.
For further information:
Tel: +44 (0) 1635 664444
No results found