Vodafone acquires 100% of Vodafone India
Vodafone announces that it now owns 100% of its Indian subsidiary, Vodafone India Limited (“VIL”).
In March 2014, Vodafone completed the acquisition of indirect equity interests in VIL held by Analjit Singh and Neelu Analjit Singh, taking its stake to 89.03% of VIL. Today Vodafone acquired the remaining 10.97% of VIL from Piramal Enterprises Limited. The combined cash consideration for both transactions was INR 101.418 billion (£1.0 billion1).
1 At an exchange rate of £1.00: INR 100.9713.
For further information:
Tel: +44 (0) 7919 990 230
Vodafone is one of the world’s largest telecommunications companies with approximately 419 million customers in its controlled and jointly controlled markets as of 31 December 2013. Vodafone has equity interests in telecommunications operations in nearly 30 countries and around 50 partner networks worldwide. For more information, please visit: www.vodafone.com