The Group Executive Committee (ExCo) is responsible for our sustainability performance and receives a formal update on sustainability at least once a year, as well as a monthly written update. Material issues related to sustainability are also raised at Board level.
Our Group Sustainability team act as advisers to our local market sustainability managers and issue owners who implement sustainability initiatives across the business. In 2014/15, the Group Director of Sustainability and Vodafone Foundation headed the Group Sustainability team and the Group Director of Corporate Affairs took over in March 2015. Both report to the Group External Affairs Director, the ExCo member responsible for sustainability.
Vodafone Group Plc Board
- ultimate supervision of Vodafone’s sustainability performance.
Chief Executive & Executive Committee (ExCo)
Group Director of Sustainability and Vodafone Foundation reports to Group External Affairs Director (ExCo member responsible for sustainability)
- sustainability policy
- discussing sustainability issues
- Vodafone’s sustainability performance.
Group Sustainability team
works closely with
Local operating companies
Group operational functions
- formulating sustainability strategy, policies and goals
- maintaining sustainability performance across the Group
- stakeholder engagement
- raising awareness among employees
- sustainability reporting
- helping management to ensure that sustainability standards are consistent across the Group.