Do you have a share dealing service?

We are not currently operating a share dealing service although we have done in the past.

On what basis will our Registrars buy or sell?

All transactions will be undertaken on an ‘execution only’ basis. This means that our Registrars cannot give you any investment advice on transactions, nor will our Registrars be able to provide any other services under this agreement. Please contact our Registrars for documentation and full details of service. If you are in any doubt about what action you should take you should consult an independent financial adviser authorised under the UK Financial Services and Markets Act 2000.

Where are Vodafone ordinary shares traded?

Vodafone ordinary shares are traded on the London Stock Exchange and, in the form of American Depositary Shares (ADSs), on the NASDAQ Stock Market.

What are share certificates?

Share certificates are evidence of your ownership of the shares – similar to the deeds of your house or your insurance policies – and so should be kept in a safe place.

When you first buy shares in Vodafone you are given a unique ten digit Shareholder Reference Number (SRN). This should be quoted in all correspondence with our Registrars. If you buy more shares, these will be added to your existing account as long as your name and address details exactly match those currently held by the Registrars.

We recommend that you keep a separate record of your SRN, certificate numbers and the number of shares each certificate covers in case of loss or damage. Share certificates are posted to shareholders at their own risk.

What happens if I lose my share certificate?

The Registrars keep a record of your name, address and the number of shares you own. If your certificates are lost, stolen or destroyed, the Registrars can arrange for the issue of duplicate certificates. Simply contact the Registrars as soon as you can, quoting your Shareholder Reference Number (SRN) if possible. The Registrars will need to arrange for you to complete an indemnity covering the Company for any loss arising from a dispute over who owns the shares and you may be charged for this depending on the value of the share certificate. Generally, there is no charge if the value of shares represented by the certificate is £100 or less. Once this is done, the Registrars will send you a duplicate certificate.

How do I find out how many Vodafone shares I hold?

You can determine the number of shares you hold in your name by adding up all your share certificates (please note, however, that any certificates dated before 31 July 2006 are invalid, due to the share consolidation on 28 July 2006) or referring to a recent dividend tax voucher, or by contacting the Registrars. If you hold shares in a PEP, ISA, or through a stock broker nominee service, you should refer to your statement or contact the appropriate administrator.

What should I do if I change my name or address?

If you change your name on getting married or for any other reason, please notify the Registrars, enclosing a copy of your marriage certificate or the relevant legal document.

If you change your address, please contact the Registrars on +44 (0) 870 702 0198. Alternatively, you can register your change of address online at

Where can I find my shareholder reference number (SRN)?

This will be included on any personalised documentation the Registrars send you. For certificated holders the SRN will start with a C followed by 10 numerical digits and for CREST holders the SRN will start with a G followed by 10 numerical digits. You should quote this number whenever you contact the Registrars to speed up the location of your account.

How do I transfer my Vodafone shares to someone else?

You may at some point wish to transfer your shares to someone else (for example, your spouse or partner or in an 'off market' sale). As these transactions usually do not involve a stockbroker, you can use a stock transfer form which can be obtained from our Registrars.

Where stamp duty is payable, the completed transfer form must be sent to a UK Inland Revenue Stamp Office and the duty paid before it can be forwarded to the Registrars.

Where stamp duty is not payable, you will need to complete the form fully, remembering to complete the stamp duty declaration on the reverse. The transfer form and share certificate (totalling at least the number of shares on the transfer) should be forwarded to the Registrars. Do not worry if the share certificates represent more shares than the transfer. If this is the case, the Registrars will send you a share certificate representing the balance. If you are in doubt or would like a stock transfer form, please contact our Registrars.

Do I have to pay stamp duty on my shares transfer?

This is dependent on the nature of the transaction taking place. As a general rule, if no consideration or money is changing hands then the transaction is not liable for stamp duty. However, there are several instances where stamp duty has to be paid and for full guidelines you should refer to the reverse of the Stock Transfer Form. If you require any further information please contact our Registrars.

May I hold shares jointly with someone else?

Yes you may. Please contact our Registrars.

My spouse/partner/relative has passed away. What should I do with their shareholding?

Please contact our Registrars at your earliest opportunity to establish which documents you will need to forward to them. This may involve a Certificate of Confirmation or Small Estates procedure, Grant of Probate/Letters of Administration. Our Registrars will ensure that this process is made as straightforward as possible for you.

Can I check my shareholding on the Internet?

You can manage your shareholding online at our Registrars' website. In addition to checking your shareholding, you can also download forms to change any of your current details on the share register (for example, to record a change of address or change your dividend instructions).

To access your shareholding you will need to enter your Shareholder Reference Number (SRN).