Kids love searching for information online – whether it’s for homework or just for fun – so make the most of safety controls on the main search engines.
We show you how to activate safe search on Bing, Google and Yahoo so that you can have greater peace of mind when your child is searching the Web.
1. Click the gear icon in the top right.
2. Go to Settings/General.
3. Choose either Strict, Moderate or Off for SafeSearch.
1. Click Settings in the bottom right, then Search Settings.
2. Tick the Turn on SafeSearch box on the next screen.
3. To lock SafeSearch, you’ll need to sign in to your Google/Gmail account and follow the instructions.
1. Sign in to your Yahoo account.
2. Enter a search term in the search box then click Search.
3. From the search results, hover over the gear icon then click Preferences.