Our business in India has grown from 28 million customers at the time of acquisition in May 2007 to become our largest market with over 134 million customers at 31 March 2011.
Strategy in action
Our new strategy is delivering a more valuable Vodafone
- See "Principal risk factors and uncertainties" for more details on the risks facing our business and Corporate governance - "Risk management" and "Risk mitigation" for detail on how we manage and mitigate risk.
- Organic growth which presents performance on a comparable basis, both in terms of merger and acquisition activity and foreign exchange rates.
- India, Vodacom, Egypt, Turkey, Ghana, Qatar, and Fiji.
- Excludes India, Ghana and Qatar as these were not owned for the full financial year.
- Information not available.
- Excludes tax related dividend receipts from Verizon Wireless.
- A further £1.5 billion is expected be received in April 2012 from the sale of the Groups interests in SoftBank.