Vodafone can help you control the data explosion, balance your various Storage needs and keep your costs under control.
Storing and accessing your data efficiently and securely, using both Primary and Cloud Storage, enables you to extract maximum business value from your information.
Our Storage portfolio provides the right balance between performance and economy; you don’t need to store all your data in Primary Storage, or tie-up valuable capital with expensive over-provisioning. Our Storage services include:
For data that requires instant access and no risk of loss. For example, billing processing systems require the performance and fast recovery times that only primary data platforms can provide.
Our Primary Storage is an enterprise-grade platform offering the highest levels of performance and availability. Based across six data centres, it provides geographic diversity, synchronous replication and four levels of price and performance, with highly competitive rates and monthly billing.
Cloud Storage provides a secure on-demand storage service for unstructured data, such as images, videos, PDFs and social media data. It’s designed to scale and reduce Primary Storage requirements, infrastructure capital expenditure, and costs by as much as 30%. And being in the cloud, it’s quick to implement, scales up or down rapidly, and you only pay for what you use.
You can also access the service securely over the Internet from any trusted source, increasing mobility and productivity across your business – or if additional security is required, through Vodafone’s global IP-VPN network, and locally, in selected Vodafone data centres. All this makes you a ready business.
Vodafone Data Protection is a multi-tenant back-up and restore service, designed to complement Primary Storage. It safeguards operational data where speed of access is less important, but where assured data recovery and restoration, and satisfying compliance regulations are priorities.
Vodafone Data Protection uses a disk-based Virtual Tape Library (VTL) to improve data durability and time-to-restore compared to traditional tape. For customers with specific requirements, dedicated solutions are available.
Organisations with data that has to be stored in complete isolation and where a shared platform isn’t suitable. In this instance, we can design, build and manage a dedicated platform for your exclusive use, to meet your volume, performance, security and availability requirements. We offer a hybrid approach, so you can have dedicated Primary Storage alongside a shared backup and restore platform and Cloud Storage.
Unlock the power of your data
Our comprehensive range of data storage solutions can ensure your data becomes a business asset and not hindrance. Whatever your business needs, we can help:
- Gain control of storage costs and be ready for data growth - you can switch from Capex to Opex, and benefit from utility pricing – you only pay for what you use, when you use it, so you avoid expensive over-provisioning
- Move to more cost-effective storage - our solutions include automated storage tiering, which provides the best balance between performance and cost. The less you need, the less you pay
- Reduce risk and improve disaster recovery - with data stored off-site and replicated in our data centres, you’ll have a safe and effective disaster recovery strategy. You’ll also know where sensitive data is stored, to meet compliance legislation
- Improve operational agility - ensure vital data is accessible, to improve your business agility, operating efficiency and get to market faster
- Empower your employees - support ‘bring your own device’ (BYOD) and other mobility strategies, so employees have easy access to data, wherever and whenever they want it
- Reap the benefits of Big Data - with an effective storage strategy, it’s easier to take full advantage of your Big Data to gain valuable insights into operations, customers and markets
- Make the most of valuable skills - move your IT specialists away from ‘fire-fighting’ ageing storage platforms, so they can focus on activities that deliver more value to your organisation