Case Studies | August 2013
WIKON needed the support of its long term communications partner, Vodafone, to create an end-to-end solution for monitoring industrial gas.
WIKON – one of the most established remote monitoring and control companies in the world – has provided tank monitoring services to European gas suppliers since the late 1990s. To take this service to the next level, it wanted to introduce a standardised solution for customers that operate across the globe.
WIKON’s new solution uses Vodafone’s Global M2M Management platform to manage the deployment of the WIKON M2M portal to customer sites worldwide. Vodafone also provides WIKON with a global SIM, designed to withstand extreme industrial conditions, provisioned to work in any region.
- Streamlined global service helps WIKON’s gas supplier customers to optimise logistics, meet Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and reduce downtime
- The Vodafone global SIMs are designed to withstand the harshest conditions, enabling WIKON to achieve DEKRA certification for durability, Germany’s Motor Vehicle Inspection Association
- Fill level transmissions are automatically transmitted over the Vodafone network and made available to WIKON’s customers on a secure and password-protected website
- Vodafone Global M2M management platform enables WIKON to manage all M2M data communications in-house – including SIM activations, roaming and price plans
- Global SIM provided by Vodafone makes it easy to roll out services for global contracts, eliminating the need for WIKON and its customers to deal with separate data network providers
"Vodafone provides a complete self-service solution, enabling us to significantly simplify the set-up of new tank monitoring installations for our customers anywhere around the world." Dennis Rech,
Data Centre Solution Architect, WIKON