Case Studies | January 2014
Mahindra REVA makes the connected car a reality with IoT connectivity from Vodafone
Bangalore-based Mahindra REVA is a pioneer of electric vehicle technologies and one of the most experienced electric vehicle manufacturers in the world. After coming up with the concept for a new breed of ‘connected’ car – enabling owners and service teams to remotely access various features and functions of their vehicle – it needed to find a reliable way to deliver data connectivity to vehicles across India and around the world.
Vodafone has helped Mahindra REVA make its vision a reality – providing secure managed connectivity between the cars via its Internet of Things network.
- Reliable IoT connectivity enables drivers to access various features of their vehicle remotely using a smartphone app or a dedicated webpage
- Owners can check the state of charge in the battery of their car, control its air-conditioning, lock or unlock doors, find the nearest charging station and use many other innovative features
- Mahindra REVA’s connected car – the e2o - also automatically provides SMS alerts when a door is left unlocked, a parking brake is not applied or a charging point fault
- In addition Mahindra REVA service teams use the IoT platform to monitor a vehicle’s condition and proactively warn drivers when issues are likely to arise
- Overall the partnership has helped Mahindra REVA to move one step ahead of its competition, while Vodafone’s global footprint will provide support for international expansion plans
"Overall it was a great example of collaborative working between two companies with a similar vision of global innovation." Kartik Gopal,
General Manager Mobility Solutions and Business Development, Mahindra REVA Electric Vehicles