Prosegur is one of the largest private security companies in the world, operating across Europe, Asia and Latin America. It provides a diverse range of security services including alarm systems, predominantly for businesses but increasingly for domestic customers too.
Their objective was to increase sales of its domestic and small business security systems by providing additional features and benefits for customers, to enable its systems to stand out from the competition.
Vodafone Global Enterprise provided 6,000 tablet devices for Prosegur to offer to customers free with every alarm installation. A secure, pre-installed SMS-based app enables the user to control and adjust alarm panel settings remotely, removing the need for them to return to their premises.
In turn, Prosegur is dealing with fewer false alarms, enabling them to be more productive and responsive to real emergencies.
Prosegur consistently looks for innovation to deliver a competitive advantage for its security systems. With false alarms costing the business and inconveniencing customers, finding a solution was a priority. Successfully tackling this issue would help win more customers and create operational efficiencies.
"We have used the Vodafone tablet as the centrepiece of our marketing campaign and there is no doubt that it has contributed to an increase in annual sales of between 30-40%."
Vodafone Global Enterprise provides 6,000 tablet devices. Supplied to customers free of charge with every new alarm installation, the tablet devices are pre-installed with a secure SMS-based app, enabling the user to control alarm panel settings remotely, adjusting the alarm as required. The tablet is not locked down, so customers also enjoy a free, desirable device for general use, providing a competitive point of difference for Prosegur.
Key customer benefits
- Adding the tablet component to the alarm system has helped increase sales by 30-40% in one year
- Residential customers can remotely monitor and control their alarm systems while away from home, to let in authorised visitors or to reset the system following a false alarm
- Enables business customers to check their premises remotely
- Differentiates the Prosegur offer with a marketing initiative that actively enhances its security proposition, customer care and reputation for innovation
- Reducing the number of call-outs needed to respond to ‘false’ alarms means a lighter workload for the inbound contact centre and greater higher priority calls
- The partnership generates collaborative sales and marketing activities
“The technology has been working very well, the app is easy to use and connectivity with the Vodafone network is excellent. We have used the Vodafone tablet as the centrepiece of our marketing campaign and there is no doubt that it has contributed to an increase in annual sales of between 30-40% here in Spain.
“Personal security is very important now, especially as the economic situation is difficult. Our company has been built on business to business sales, but this development is particularly attractive to residential customers and our sales have grown significantly in this area.”
“Prosegur and Vodafone are two very well known, successful companies in Spain,” concludes David Sanchez Huerta. “Working together on this solution has already created a lot of interest and I’m confident our partnership will grow and flourish.”