In 2011, Vodafone chose Vodafone Process Tracker to streamline their RA Process. The solution achieved full ROI within three months from deployment.
The Revenue Assurance process is a critical component of Vodafone’s business. It is designed to ensure that Vodafone correctly charge for the services they provide, identify and reclaim revenue leakages and discrepancies, detect and prevent fraud and manage risk across the business. Until recently, Vodafone used an Excel-based RA solution which involved manually sending sales teams revenue reports that had to be checked manually.
There were some regional system issues with the old Excel-based RA forms being used, including the fact that they did not work in some of the countries in which Vodafone operated. The fact that RA queries needed to be manually updated into an Excel document, also meant that there was a potential risk that queries might get missed in the transition.
In 2011, Vodafone chose Vodafone Process Tracker to streamline their RA Process. Vodafone Process Tracker is a hosted software-as-a-service (SaaS) web solution. It provides business critical, real-time management information that enables the Vodafone RA team to fully understand the current state of the sales pipeline, identify levels of new business, monitor customer communications and identify processing bottlenecks before they become a customer service issue.
Key customer benefits
Results of the migration to Vodafone Process Tracker included:
- Improved accessibility: The new RA form can be accessed by multiple devices included tablets and smartphones. Users are kept-up-to-date on the progress of queries by email or through online reports
- Increased management visibility: Vodafone’s sales and service teams have greater visibility of their queries
- Improved control: Vodafone’s Operating Companies and key business partners also have access to Process Tracker to allow them to take advantage of the many reports that can be run and to keep relevant stakeholders advised of case progression.
- Time optimisation: Service Level Agreements have been put in place for key stages that have helped to improve the time it takes to resolve a RA query.
- Audit trail: All RA correspondence is kept within Process Tracker making it significantly easier to track, query and access any relevant background information.
- Return on investment (ROI): Full ROI was achieved within 3 months from the deployment date, permitting the RA team to handle additional case loads, resulting in cost savings equating to one FTE. Increased customer satisfaction: Process Tracker has enabled us to communicate proactively and more effectively with our customers and cut down the time it takes to respond to RA queries.
As a result of the success of the optimisation of the RA process, Vodafone is now launching Process Tracker for customer on-boarding to Vodafone Global Enterprise, for invoice management tracking across the Vodafone footprint, and to aid the efficient and painless delivery of complex programs involving multiple countries and stakeholders.