As businesses become increasingly interconnected, integrated and global, new communications technologies are playing a key enabling role, by providing a common platform for businesses and their staff to interact irrespective of location
There are five key factors which are putting pressure on businesses to reconsider their current communications capability and make sure they have got it right if they are to stay competitive:
- Agility - improve business responsiveness in a rapidly-changing market.
- Collaboration - increase flexible working, enabling better productivity and delivery in a way which better suits customers and employees.
- Consumerisation - respond positively to the growth of intelligent technologies, by effectively linking employees’ personal smart devices to the corporate network
- Globalisation - collaborate effectively across borders and time zones in a multi-national commercial world.
- Innovation – use new technologies to integrate and simplify existing complex and diffuse communications structures.
Underpinning these drivers for change is the need for effective mobility. A recent Vodafone Global Enterprise survey found that nearly two-thirds of employees in multi-national corporates were already highly or moderately mobile or international travellers. This trend seems set to continue, as emerging markets drive economic growth.
Benchmark your own company with our assessment tool
So how well is your business responding? At Vodafone Global Enterprise, we have developed an assessment tool to help enterprise businesses identify where they currently sit in making the most of these fundamental changes.
By analysing how your business is responding to each market trend, the tool will generate a personalised report which benchmarks your performance against other multi-nationals. It will also identify what you need to do to ensure that effective communications plays its full part in transforming your business.
See how your business is performing, using our Future of Business Communications assessment