Our Tablet Trial was based on a three month placement of 105 units of the market-dominant iPad with Vodafone Global Enterprise employees. The research had the following objectives:
- Establish the profile of users for whom tablets add most business value
- Identify areas of complexity when managing the enterprise tablet lifecycle
- Inform knowledge of network usage and likely spending patterns
- Of the active trial participants, more than a third volunteered to participate using personal devices – validating the consumerization trend.
- The tablet was best suited to highly-mobile and partially-mobile presenters Productivity gains of between 3-5 hours per week were realised during traditional downtime. (eg breaks between meetings or travelling)
- 91% of participants saw tablets as a supplement rather than a replacement for their laptops. Data usage benchmarks revealed that participants consumed an average of 250-300 MB of cellular data per month.
- The average user downloaded 39 apps.
Social networking tools proved to be an effective platform for employees
to support one another, reducing the number of requests to centralised support functions.
- Corporate data security emerged as an important concern for participants