Synchronoss is a world leader in providing cloud solutions and software-based activation for mobile carriers, enterprises, retailers and OEMs worldwide. It’s solutions allow customers to connect, transfer, synchronise, store and restore content to multiple devices. Synchronoss needed to provide its customers the power to quickly respond to the market, using the cloud to meet the increasing, world-wide demand for carrier-branded cloud solutions.
"Synchronoss was looking for a partner which could scale with us, had the flexibility to support our needs, and could handle all types of demands. Vodafone is that partner.” Anthony Socci,
Regional Managing Director,Synchronoss EMEA
As consumers regard cloud as an essential enabler of their digital lives, and with Synchronoss’ carrier customers seeing hundreds of thousands of subscribers a week signing up to personal cloud products - the challenge for Synchronoss is not selling the idea of cloud, but coping with rapid global growth.
To step confidently into this future, Synchronoss wanted a cloud and hosting partner, not just a series of data centres, capable of handling large amounts of data. A strategic partner would allow Synchronoss to create and market a new suite of cloud services.
Synchronoss was looking for a partner which could scale, had the flexibility to support their needs and could handle all types of demand in numerous geographies. Vodafone Cloud & Hosting Services provided Managed Cloud & Hosting Services across Europe, the Middle East, and the Asia Pacific region, dedicated storage, WAN Services – Ethernet Private Line. It also provided Security Services – Managed Firewall Service and DDoS Mitigation, Professional Services, a Dedicated Technical Consultant, a Dedicated Support Team and International Service Management.
Vodafone Mobility Services provided Mobility services in the UK and Ireland.
- The Cloud Solution provides Synchronoss the capacity to absorb sharp growth expectations and meet the increasing world-wide demand for carrier-branded cloud solutions
- Flexibility and scale across the globe has increased, allowing Synchronoss to deliver a richer experience for its end customers and provide its carriers the power to quickly respond to the market, using the cloud to create a more valuable experience for their subscribers
- The Cloud Solution creates a framework for Synchronoss to develop new, bespoke cloud services for its customers
- Vodafone also provides Synchronoss with mobility services in the UK and Ireland
- The Synchronoss and Vodafone Partnership will define joint go-to-market initiatives, helping grow the Synchronoss business
Together, Synchronoss and Vodafone are poised to meet the increasing, world-wide demand for carrier-branded cloud solutions by delivering innovative cloud solutions and a global hosting environment.
“Cloud is a critical part of our carrier customers’ core communication strategy. It’s the new normal.” Stephen Waldis Founder,
Chairman and CEO, Synchronoss