Case Study | May 2014
Vodafone IoT services help CleverMiles launch innovative new telematics solution that promotes safe driving for 17-40 year olds
CleverMiles, one of the brightest start-up companies in Ireland, has big ambitions for an Internet of Things (IoT) based system that it has launched to promote safe driving. To achieve its long term goals, it needs the support of a reliable network partner that has the capacity to work on a global scale.
Vodafone Global SIMs are installed in special devices that plug into cars and monitor a driver’s performance including speed, acceleration and braking. That data is relayed back to CleverMiles via the Vodafone Managed IoT Connectivity Platform.
- Benefits to users include cheaper car insurance and incentives provided by CleverMiles’ commercial partners
- IoT connectivity enables detailed analysis of positive driver behaviour
- Data is compiled so drivers can score points, win prizes and compete against each other through social media networks
- Comprehensive network coverage ensures a reliable and robust data connection to customers’ cars
- Vodafone’s Global SIM – pre-provisioned and ready to use in any country – enables easy international roll out
- Vodafone Managed IoT Connectivity Platform allows CleverMiles to activate, suspend or deactivate SIMs at the click of a button
- Flexible pricing structure helps CleverMiles to conduct pre-launch trials and plan global expansion with confidence
"Knowing that we have the support of Vodafone IoT specialists in every country that we want to expand to – plus highly reliable and robust data connections – gives us terrific peace of mind as we grow and move forward." John Quigley,